Palaeomagnetism and Rock Magnetism in Oil and Gas Exploration
Robertson Core Magnetics Group (previously Core Magnetics Ltd.) have moved to new facilities at Robertson headquarters in North Wales. This allows close cooperation of over 200 geoscientists within Robertson's Technical Services Group.
The main areas of application are:
- Palaeomagnetic core re-orientation to geographic North
- Sediment transport directions/grain fabric
- Pore fabric and permeability anisotropy
- (Micro-) Fracture orientation (unconventional reservoirs)
- Magnetic reference data for aeromagnetic interpretation