Robertson's Stratigraphy Department was established in 1961 and now constitutes one of the industry's largest and best equipped biostratigraphic consultancies. Our client list includes all the majors and most independent international oil companies for whom the unit carries out both confidential studies on a single-client or 'club' basis and non-exclusive multi-client projects.
One of the industry's largest and best equipped biostratigraphic consultancies, our Stratigraphy Department undertakes various types of projects, whether independent studies or forming part of an integrated multidisciplinary project.
- Wellsite and routine stratigraphic services (micropalaeontology, palynology and nannofossils)
- High resolution reservoir stratigraphy
- Sequence stratigraphic evaluation
- Palaeoenvironmental analysis
- Post-completion horizontal wellpath determination
- Stratigraphy to Seismic (StS™)
- Biosteering (Stratsteer™) of horizontal wells (clastic and carbonate)
Various types of project may be undertaken, including high resolution stratigraphy of single wells, multi-well/field correlation studies, and regional and basin level reviews and reports. Biostratigraphic studies may be independent, or may form part of an integrated multidisciplinary project involving specialists in geochemistry, geophysics and reservoir geology. Where appropriate, client input/co-operation is also encouraged.
The Full Suite
A full range of services is on offer, including:
- Sequence Stratigraphy
- Palaeoenvironmental modelling
- "Hot shot" analyses
- Wellsite analyses (including the biosteering of horizontal and deviated wells).